Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Stiches

So today I received the dreaded phone call from school..."you're son hit his head and I think he needs stitches". ummm my brain was trying to piece together how I was going to get that done. I didn't really want to drive out to Yarrow to get him, even though the sectary told me it was bleeding alot so I told her to "just put lots of band aids on, and I'll take a look at it when he gets home". Yea, won worst mommy award for that one. Once off the phone I realized that it was going to be me and five kids in the emergency as Gerard had a home visit again and would not be able to take Timothy after work. So I meet the bus at a bus stop close to the hospital and went to check out the new emergency addition that has been added. It was high time to see it anyway. lol. The school ended up taping it together.He is soooo not impressed, the doctor said he needed to have stitches. He was trying to so brave, but ended up having tears, and he became my little boy again and sat on my lap. And of course Niessa and Sharleen started crying to too because big brother needed stitches. It ended up being a good learning experience for them, they watched the stitches going in and could tell that Timothy felt no pain. He thought it was going to be so bad, but it went remarkably well. He was talking to the Doctor and asked if he had started stitching and he was already half way done. He ended up "sporting" four new blue stitches. The doctor was amazing, so calm and just talked Timothy through the whole thing. What movies he liked and on and on.

It went OK with all of us at the hospital, Gerard came when it was all done,(of course, smile) and I was feeding Breanne in the waiting room. And then the crazies started as we were behind schedule for the evening. Thankfully leftovers were planned for dinner (funny how that was) so there was no time wasted with cooking, just heat up and run. And run is what we had to do to get Gerard out of the door on time. I gotta love my man, after a really busy day at work, a couple min rest in the emergency waiting room, then he was right there in the "trenches" with me serving dinner, dishes, getting the kids to read there books and all the other bedtime things. And then out the door still doing his tie up....

2 comments:

  1. Awww...poor Timothy! I'll have to show the pictures to Abby, she is always so worried when someone have an injury. With all the things on your mind I'm amazed you remembered to bring a camera! Neat to have pictures of the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I remember getting stitches (both eyebrows but at different times) as a kid a few times (once was my head hitting the fireplace mantle and the other was at a lake skipping rocks and one of my sisters had bad aim ;) It was great seeing you again today, Christina - next time maybe we'll have more chat time. Oh and if you are ever stuck like this again give me a call and if I'm home you can leave a couple kiddos with me.

    ReplyDelete